|Name of the organisation: Center for Environment|
|Project title: Healthy rivers: Citizens network for protection of the rivers of Bosnia and Herzegovina||Program: Aarhus Center, CSO networking and capacity building|
|Location of the action||Cost of the action (EUR)||lead manager or partner||Donors to the action (name)||Amount contributed (by donor)||Dates|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||21.456||Partner||Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic through Transition Program||17.298||1st January 2017 – 31st December 2017|
|Objectives and results of the action||Overall objective is to strengthen the capacities and cooperation of citizens’ initiatives for river protection.
Specific objectives of the action are: To improve effectiveness of the participation of local citizens initiatives into decision making processes; To increase the public awareness via media, websites and publications; To increase the international pressure on Bosnia and Herzegovina authorities.
· Functional citizens network for river protections;
· The ability and effectiveness of citizens’ initiative to participate in the EIA process are strengthened;
· Increased public involvement in decision-making processes at the local level;
· Ability of journalists to write on environmental topics is improved;
· Awareness of target groups about the negative aspects of the construction of hydropower plants is increased;
· Increased pressure of international institutions and public on Bosnia and Herzegovina authorities to improve law enforcement.