Application deadline extended to June 5!
In cooperation with the artist and activist Vanja Lazić, the Center for Environment created a colouring book “My Blue Heart” whose goal is to bring rivers and their significance closer to our youngest. The colouring book is part of the “Let’s save the blue heart of Europe” campaign, which aims to preserve and protect endangered watercourses in the Balkans. In this way, the campaign seeks to affirm local artists through creative raising awareness of the complex impact of people on the environment and the need for its adequate protection.
Symbolic illustrations indicate the importance of water resources for future generations in BiH, and on that occasion, from the 18th to the 28th of May, we are launching a contest via the Facebook page of the Center for Environment, in which children up to 10 years of age can participate.
The illustrations from the colouring book are placed on the Facebook page of the Center for Environment in a separate album named “Bojanka”, and each of them can be coloured with the help of free online applications (eg: www.sumopaint.com), or simple tools at your disposal. The colouring process itself is conceived as an additional creative part of the game, which we leave to you.
The rules of participation in the contest are as follows:
- Children from all over Bosnia and Herzegovina up to the age of 10 can participate in the contest.
- Parents or relatives of the participants must share the album “Bojanka” on their FB profile, colour one favorite illustration using online tools or by printing and colouring it by hand, and send us that illustration, in a digital format or as a photo, to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to the work, children can write one sentence on the topic: What do rivers mean to you?
- Papers can be submitted from May the 18th to the 28th.
- From May 29th, on the Facebook profile of the Center for Environment, we will publish the album “Children’s Blue Heart” with work sent by participants with their answer to the question “What do rivers mean to you?”
- The vote will be held from May 29th to June 9th, decided by the number of likes. The winners of our contest are the three works that receive the most likes, and will receive a special prize.
We invite you to encourage your little ones to participate in this competition and at the same time educate themselves about the importance of water resources through interesting and fun illustrations.
Bring colours into the world of blue hearts and become part of our struggle to preserve rivers!