The aim of the program is to promote sustainable modes of transport and to change the transportation habits of people in populated areas. The program has been active since 2002 when we first marked the “World Car Free Day”.
With the faster urbanization of the city of Banja Luka and the rapid increase in the number of motor vehicles, the need for active participation in the development of planning documentation of cycling and pedestrian infrastructure, as well as the promotion of bicycle and other non-motorized traffic, emerged.
PROGRAM IS REALIZED THROUGH:
- The promotion of public transport, pedestrian traffic, the use of bicycles as a means of transport and other forms of sustainable transport;
- Advocacy and lobbying for the promotion of cycling and pedestrian infrastructure, legal regulations in the field of transport;
- Developing cooperation with all relevant subjects dealing with transport issues;
- Advocating increased security for non-motorized traffic participants;
- The European Mobility Week campaign and the promotion of inclusion of cities in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Development of EuroVelo cyclotourism routes in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Program Coordinator: Dragan Kabic