|Project title: Coalition for the Rivers: Strengthening the Local Communities of Bosnia and Herzegovina||Program: Aarhus Center, CSO networking and capacity building|
|Location of the action||Cost of the action (EUR)||lead manager or partner||Donors to the action (name)||Amount contributed (by donor)||Dates|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||69.616
|Partner||Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic through Transition Program||60.566||1st January 2018 – 31st December 2019|
|Objectives and results of the action||The main objective of the project is to promote the protection of nature and interests of local communities in Bosnia and Herzegovina through the implementation of the European Natura 2000 network and the empowerment of citizens in decision-making processes.
Specific objectives of the action are: To strengthen the civil society at local level; To increase the democratic nature of decision-making on environment; To create a positive example using EU experience.
· Strengthened operation and effectiveness of the Coalition for rivers
· Increased capacity of local (non-professional) activists
· Enhanced protection of the interests of local communities in the decision-making process
· Tools for nature conservation and democratic decision-making introduced
· Enforced legal protection of the model territory